When you hire a roofing company to work on your roof, it is essential that you hire a roofing contractor who is properly licensed and insured. Don’t make the mistake of automatically assuming that this company is licensed. By doing this, you put yourself at risk with your finances and the overall safety of your home.
Fortunately, there are a few simple steps that you can take to make sure you are hiring a licensed contractor. By doing so, you will have peace of mind knowing that the work is being done properly and legally under the regulations that were established by the state of Nevada.
Choosing a Roofing Company In Las Vegas
There are a few features that you should be on the lookout for when you are trying to find a roofing company in Las Vegas. As you search for local roofing companies, keep in mind the tips below to help you land on the best possible contractor.
- Check to see if they are local. You want to go with a roofer who is knowledgeable about the Las Vegas regulations that may come into play with your roofing project. It’s also important that they have a firm grasp of the types of weather conditions that can affect your roof.
- Ask for a portfolio of past work. In doing so, you can get a better idea of the quality of work, including specific examples of what they are able to accomplish. The company may even be able to provide you with physical location examples that you can visit in the Las Vegas area.
- Talk about the financial setup. Make sure you get a written estimate that breaks down how much things will cost in the various scenarios that might occur. You should also have a contract that will tell you when and how to pay for the services. It’s always best to have this information in writing upfront so that you don’t run into any surprises down the road.
How to Make Sure a Roofing Company Is Real and Licensed
Now that we’ve covered the importance of choosing a licensed roofer, let’s dive a little further into some of the specific details that you should verify to make sure that a roofing company is real and licensed. In today’s world, you can never be too careful to make sure you are working with the right people.
Check The Company’s Online Presence
A company’s online presence can tell you a lot. Here are a few things to look for when you are browsing online for a specific roofing company:
- Make sure their website is up-to-date. If you see information that is outdated by several years, there’s a good chance this company is not operating very effectively or efficiently.
- The website should look professional. If the website looks like it was slapped together in minutes, you don’t want to waste your time with this type of company.
- Check the Better Business Bureau website for the company’s rating. A low BBB rating is an early indicator that you should stay away from this company.
- Check review websites to get more insight on their work (try sites like Angie’s List and Google). If you see an overwhelming number of negative reviews, this is not a company that you want to do business with.
Verify The Contractor’s License
Any reputable roofer will be more than willing to show you their license that qualifies them to legally perform roofing construction in the state of Nevada. A license verifies that the contractor is registered with the state of Nevada and is in compliance with all state regulations. It also tells you that the roofer holds a minimum amount of bonding or insurance (more on that in the next two sections).
To easily check on a roofer’s license, check out this website. You can search by license number, company name, or a qualified individual’s name.
Verify The Company is Insured
Much like asking to see a contractor’s license, asking to see proof of insurance should not bother any legitimate roofer. If any job-related accident occurs, the roofer’s insurance will make sure any damages are financially covered. For example, if a roofer gets hurt on the job at your home, you will not be responsible for medical bills or any other related damage. If you want to check to see if a roofer is insured, you can check their website for proof or ask for this information directly.
Verify The Company Is Bonded
A bonded contractor tells you that this person or company will conduct their work in compliance with the rules that are specific to their contractor license. It is another way of verifying that they are operating their business in accordance with the regulations that are set by the state of Nevada. If you want to check to see if a roofer is bonded, you can check their website or ask for this information directly.
Hire The Original Roofing Company For Professional Roofing Services
When it comes time to do work on your roof, you need a licensed roofing professional to get the job done right. Never make assumptions that you are dealing with a licensed and bonded contractor. Be sure to go through the steps that we mentioned above to ensure that you are in the right hands. If you are in need of roof repair services, please contact us today for an estimate.